Saturday, December 11, 2010

mmm, Philly Pretzels....

Having no time to eat breakfast this morning, after many appointments and errands, I found myself at Wawa at 2:30, absolutely starving.

I truly wanted to avoid carbs but refused to pay $3.09 for a power bar. (Okay, sometimes I'm cheap, but really, $3.09, that's highway robbery.)

So I grab a diet iced tea and head for the cash register, then I see them...pretzels.  Yes, mmm, warm soft Philadelphia pretzels, covered in coarse salt.

I could not resist.

So I bought one.

I bit into in the car and nearly swooned.  Oh, low-carb, be damned!

Cervantes said that hunger is the best sauce but, honestly, this was heavenly.

The delicate crust that has to be bitten through, the soft doughy middle, the agreeable underlying slight sweetness mingled with the coarse kosher salt.

Ah, what a combination!

Each bite somehow surpassed the last.

I swear, if I had mustard for that pretzel, I just might have achieved satori and kicked the frame right there in the car.

Ah, Philadelphia, there's no place like home....

No comments:

Post a Comment