Monday, December 13, 2010

Every old house deserves a madman...

Most of my dining room furniture is in the kitchen.

All of my living room furniture is in the dining room.

Why?  Because my madman of an electrician and I decided to put recessed lighting in the living room.

Since I have a plaster and lath ceiling, the mess of creating holes and running wire necessitated removal of all furniture and breakable objects.

My housemate, who is nearly autistic when it comes to order and routine, is slowly coming apart at the seams because of the mess.

It doesn't bother me at all because I never got that gene.  You know, the everything in it's place, oh God, there's a speck of dust, quick get a broom gene.  Can't say that I miss not having it either.

The madman has already rewired the upstairs and added recessed lighting to the hallway.

Apparently my 80-year-old house is full of wiring that's about to ignite and burn the house down.

Sigh.

He's not really mad, by the way, he's just a little crazy and never ever on time.  Which doesn't bother me, but drives the housemate crazy.

I wonder what she'll do when I renovate the kitchen.....

2 comments: