Saturday, January 8, 2011

Totem Destroyer

Okay, someone needs to save me from Totem Destroyer.

On one of my many pointless forays across the internet over my Xmas vacation, I stumbled onto Totem Destroyer and I must say I am completely hooked.

How to describe Totem Destroyer....hmm, well, it's kind of like life really.  There is a golden idol atop a swaying conglomeration of solid and jelly blocks and your job is to destroy the totem pole while lowering the idol gently and safely to the ground.

Think of moving children safely through the minefield of adolescence or trying to keep your job in a shrinking economy.

You have to have excellent timing, knowing when to do something fast and also knowing when to wait until the swaying structure is in just the right spot. You have to have forethought, thinking ahead to what happens to the idol if you destroy that particular block. You have to know what will happen after, if the idol hits a solid block or a jelly block.  You also have to act just enough, destroying only the blocks you are required to, to move to the next level.  I must admit it took me some time before I realized that.

I think it's good practice for real life (or maybe I'm just trying to justify my addiction?)

Also, the satisfaction when you succeed, after several traumatic attempts where your golden idol comes crashing to the ground, releases a little burst of soma in your brain.

Here's the link, don't blame me for the wasted time....

http://cache.armorgames.com/files/games/totem-destroyer-1871.swf

P.S. Turn the sound down, the popping sound of the totem pole blocks annoys your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment