Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Last Mistress

I've just watched "The Last Mistress" on Netflix.



Yes, I will watch any film set in the 18th century.  I feel keenly that I missed out on that century.  The clothes, the furniture, the manners, and let us not forget the best of all, the servants!  Oh, to be rich in the 18th century!  I'm sure I would have been a scandal....

But I digress. 

I'm not sure how I feel about this movie, which is about an all-consuming passion for another.

Quite frankly, at my age and experience, it all seems so histrionic.

Is this age, I wonder, or the triumph of sense over passion?

Have the fires themselves simply burnt low and are now incapable of such flames or do I know, all too well, the inevitable ending of all such passions?

 I just don't know...

No comments:

Post a Comment