Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Letting go

I saw Peter and Gordon on tv the other night.

I was in the kitchen and I heard them introduced. I didn't see them until I got into the living room.

Wow, what a shock!

Gordon (or was it Peter?) looked like he was a hundred years old.

I know that they were famous while I was still in grade school, but still I just wasn't prepared for the devastation.

I am grateful, however, that he wasn't wearing a ponytail.

Nothing is more pathetic than an old hippie with a gray ponytail.

Face it, most young men don't look that good with hair parted in the middle and a ratty ponytail sitting limply on their neck. When they're 60, they look truly ridiculous.

So, guys, if you are still sporting the Woodstock look, do us all a favor, grow up, check out of the Hotel California, find a barber, and leave 1969 behind.

We love you, but the ponytail has got to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment